Thursday, July 23, 2009

Top 10

Sorry there are no pictures for this post. Kristine captured some of the highlights, but I have nothing to share but my top 10 for the Pioneer Day celebration in Snowflake.
10. Buffie winning first place in the 10K.
9. Everyone running up the hill for cover as it starts hailing. At least we got lunch in this year before the storm hit.
8. The kids finding a box a tampons and playing swords with each other.
7. James finding a 5 foot long snake and Conway gets bit by it.
6. Dayson screaming BEAR! at the tops of his lungs in the middle of the night. James had seen 4 bears while fishing and told Dayson all about it right before bed.
5. Elli at the rodeo. All the kids were excited and as the first roper ropes the calf Elli gets this horrified look on her face and says "I dont like rodeos."
4. The dads setting off loud firecrackers and running far away. Oops, they left the kids there.
3. Dallin waking up in the middle of the night to take care of the pet bunnies. The kids found 2 baby rabbits and Donna said they could keep them if they survived the night, so Dallin sneaks out to keep them alive.
2. The fire truck at the end of the parade soaking EVERYTHING. That was a lot of water. The warning we received was insufficient.
1. Dayson jumping onto the bleachers to do a silly dance at the rodeo to the silly music. He was the only one dancing, but he had great moves.

We had a lot of fun. Thanks to Ben and Donna for hosting such a wild group and all the good food prepared.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

That was a funny list. Glad you had fun. My mom and I went to the craft festival, quilt show, and over to the car show by the golf course where they also included motorcycles this year. That is where Speed Merchants was this time instead of being in the parade.

Kristine hipps said...

It WAS a great trip! You've motivated me to post some pictures :)

JackandJaneyNichols said...

It's a small town! I'm surprised we didn't run into you guys! Don't you just love Snowflake though? It's so much fun.

Cassie Lee said...

I can't believe all that really happened! So funny! I need to see your kiddos again 'cause I'm sure they've grown up a ton. Hey, can I have your email address? You want to just email it to me at fundip511@yahoo.com? Thanks

Blog Archive