Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So we made it back from our camping trip. We had so much fun. Dayson didn't want to come home!
Day 1. Still clean. Easy fishing right by camp. Dayson caught about 8 crawdads in about 15 minutes. One time there were 4 on at once!

I thought this was a cute picture!

Day 2. James and his dad went fishing from 5 am to 3 pm. The kids played and played. Here they were riding horses.

James did take Dayson on a long quad ride when he got back. Dayson saw a huge canyon that he wanted to build a slide to slide down on. Grandma and grandpa took Conway into town while James and Dayson were gone and I got quiet time and a nap.


Day 3. We had a nice picnic at Reservation Lake. It started pouring right when we go there. Dayson caught a fish, but this picture was hard because of the rain. (I was in the car!) We caught enough fish and crawdads for dinner that night

Day 4. No pictures, but a lot of fun. We got up at 4:45 am and went fishing down at Black river. Dayson came with us while Conway stayed back at camp. it was early, cold, and a lot of fun. We forged the river to get over to the good fishing! It wasn't that cold, but then I was went up to my knees! Dayson was great. When we got back we cleaned up camp, then headed out on a long quad ride. I had Dayson on my quad while James had Conway. We drove through the river and I stalled in the middle! It took us 5 1/2 hours to get home and Conway was getting antsy. Everyone was safe and we had a great time. Now I have a mountain of laundry that I am working on. Everything wreeks of fish guts and mold. But we are all clean and rested. Well James is probably still tired because he left for work at 5 am this morning. What a trooper!

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

What fun! I miss going camping...

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Do you really eat crawdads? That sounded like a really fun vacation, your pictures are so good.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Seriously, do you eat crawdads? I never knew you could eat them. Don and I never had our own camping stuff but it's something we really want to get when we get back. Looks like a fantastic trip, especially having James' parents there to help with the kids!

BTW, thanks so much for inviting us over to swim and have dinner while we were in AZ. It was so much fun and I loved getting to see you and Lindsay and your kids. My kids really had fun also. See you again next time!
Amy

Blog Archive