Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The ward rodeo

Every year our ward holds a "rodeo". My father in law is in charge and its really fun. Dayson was actually old enough to participate this year. they started off by letting the kids chase after a cow that had money tied to it. Dayson had no idea he was running, but he was the youngest kid out there and kept up pretty good.
Here is Dayson is the egg toss. The dirt was so soft it made the egg indestructible! I think his partner caught it once and Dayson never did! They got 4th place.
Long day in the sun with grandma and grandpa Sherwood.

The boys thought this tractor was really cool. Dayson kept going back there to sit on it.



Aunt Katee was nice enough to take the kids over to pet the horse. Too bad I didn't notice that her eyes were closed in the pic. Sorry Katee!



Grandma took care of Conway while Dayson enjoyed the events. Thanks grandma.


Dayson and Kendall were the first ones tied up for the 3 legged race. They (kendall) had had enough before the race even started. Dayson just ran along with everyone with his 2 legs!

Did I miss anything? Oh, after 2 1/2 hours we were pooped. It wasn't over, but Conway was due for a serious nap. I thought i might get lucky and get one too, but it didn't happen. James had to miss the whole thing due to homework and paper writing. Where are his priorities? (Kidding, I had to twist his arm to get him to miss the hoedown.)Dayson came down with a cold the very next day. I'm glad he got to have fun without feeling crummy. Now Conway has it as well. We are the sick family, again.


5 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

I miss that ward. They always did such fun things. I can't believe how old your babies are. It freaks me out a little!!

Jaclyn said...

How fun! They do rodeos here but I haven't been to one yet. Maybe someday...

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Sorry about the sickness. It looks like everyone had fun.
We had a ward rodeo before we split and it was so much fun. The kiddos were so ready for a nap. Dallas had caught the greased pig won $10 and stunk like crazy on the way home. But it was all good. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Jacie said...

We're going to be up there that weekend!

Kristine hipps said...

How fun! Your ward has some great traditions.
It's amazing to realize Dayson's old enough to be one of the kids & not a toddler. Conway's the toddler now - oh, my!
Great pictures. I love the one with the three of you on the tractor!

Blog Archive