Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fines!

This must be the week of fines. Some we've avoided, some we paid. #1 James had applied to graduate $40. A long story, but he's not graduating until Dec. now. He had to cancel that and reapply the $40. They wouldn't hold it for 2 days while he reapplied. #2 I paid my property taxes online and the company charged me 2.6% which was about $36. I lost that too even though I called twice to tell them I was unaware of this fee. #3 I paid part of a school loan off specifying for it to come out of my savings account. When they tried to get it out of my checking, it was not there and I got a NSF fee of $28. I got this back when I explained the problem. #4 James had a dental appt. on Monday. He had a migraine. He hates the dentist anyway, especially when he already felt horrible. When I called to cancel, they said it would be a $50 fine! Ouch. So, to avoid it, I went in his place even though I was just there 4 months ago. What a good wife I am! $50 is $50 right? So to sum it up: we are down about $76 instead of $154.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I hate when fees or fines sneak up on you!

Trevor and Heather Caffall said...

I hate fines too, well, our has been more of surprise hospital bills from a year ago that we just found out our insurance didn't cover. Yeah, that was a huge $817 that we will be paying off slowly until we have a job. Speaking of job... I know a wonderful dentist (well almost dentist) that James might not be so scared about seeing. I'm sorry he hates the dentist, and that he has migraines.... those suck.

Kristine hipps said...

It's a good thing you're so on top of your finances - nothing's gonna slip past you.

Anonymous said...

50 dollars to not go to the dentist.. GEEZE!

Blog Archive